Wednesday, September 29, 2004

best thing of anything.

iTunes in college dorms is an amazing, amazing thing. Today, on someone named "Nikki"'s music, I found the best thing ever. It appears to be a recording of the Dutch cast of Rent. Why is this so awesome? The answer, my friends, lies within the first track: "Huur." "Huur" is apparently "Rent" in Dutch. At the end of the first verse, the actor playing Mark, sneers/screams "HUUR"! It is impossible to describe fully the awesome hilariousness of this moment and I can only assure you that this should be your top downloading priority. It will greatly improve the awesomeness of your day.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met Dave Eggers last night and told him that I enjoyed McSweeney's. He asked how I had heard about it originally and I told him through the blog of some Smith girl that I've never met(back when you were popandpolitics). He thought that was hilarious.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

also, your mcsweeney's link is incorrect. the site is mcsweeneys.net not .com, although the dave egger's dedicated search site is interesting.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Leila said...

Thanks for the help with the link! How did you meet Dave Eggers?

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Financial Planner near Albany and he was speaking at U. Albany last week. One of my clients is a writer/professor/Pulitzer Prize winner(sorry, just had to add that) and he invited me to dinner with a group of professors and Mr. Eggers because he knows I enjoy McSweeney's.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's karaoke.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home